This product has been replaced by the ES120
Download Images: |
DicksonWare Software is needed to communicate with this product and is sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Unit Weight 1 lb
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Data Logger functioning otherwise? Is the red L.E.D flashing? The L.E.D flashes once every 10 seconds and may be difficult to see in a well lit area.
- Is the correct version of software being used?
Minimum requirements are as follows:
DicksonWare 220.127.116.11 or higher
- Make sure the download cable is not physically defective.
- Is the correct COM port selected?
- Try all other available COM ports through the software.
- Has the communication speed (baud rate) been changed? It should be set on ADAPTIVE. To check this, you must go to FILE, PREFERENCES, click the tab that says SERIAL or COMMUNICATIONS in the PREFERENCES window. Check the box for ADVANCED SERIAL OPTIONS then click OK. Now click LOGGER then COMMUNICATIONS, you'll see that SPEED is now one of your selections, click the SPEED tab to verify that it is set on ADAPTIVE.
- Check Com port allocations in the PC's Device Manager, make sure the COM port you're trying to use is not "reserved" for something else.
- Open the logger and depress the "RESET" button for about 5 seconds while still connected to the PC, then try all COM ports again.
- Try another data logger. (if available)
- Try another available COM port connection on back of PC.
- If this is the first time attempting to communicate on this PC, or if new software or programs have been installed since the logger was last used, try installing the software on another PC.
(not a laptop).
- Is it possible that the logger was programmed to fill up storage space quicker than originally thought? Check the sample interval.
- Is the logger set up to WRAP as opposed to STOP when full?
- Make sure the "Input Signal" is set as follows, MIN 0, MAX 15. This setting must not be anything other than 0 MIN and 15 MAX! Set the "Range" to match your transmitter range.
- Has the Data logger just been removed from a cool environment? Condensation may have momentarily formed internally, wait for the unit to warm up, it should power up and give all data stored.
- Logger may not communicate at temperatures below 30 degrees F, although it will continue to log.
Current mode: 250 ohm
A USB to Serial adapter can be used. If you do not have an available dedicated serial port to use for communications with the logger, you may use a 3rd party USB to Serial adapter which is readily available from any electronic or computer store.
Setup: These adapters have a serial communications port and a USB communications port. The USB cable will connect to your computer and your existing serial cable will connect to the logger and the USB adapter. These adapters will also have a software driver that will need to be installed before use. Once the adapter is connected and the software installed, your computer will have a new serial port available under logger and communications.