This article is an overview of the three different ways you can adjust the range of the graph area:
- Preset time range toggles
- Input a specific date and time range down to the minute
- Click and drag on the graph to zoom in to a range
For option 1, the preset ranges: simply click the appropriate button for the range you want to view
- Currently, you can select from 1 hour, 24 hours, 7 days, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year
- This will adjust the range with the selected time frame ending with the current date.
- Note that if the device or channel you are currently viewing does not have enough data for the range you are trying to select, the preset option will be unavailable (e.g., if you do not have a year's worth of data, the 1-year button will be unavailable).
For option 2, click into the date/time boxes below the graph to select a start and end date and/or time.
- Use the calendar module that pops up to select a date
- Click into the "Hour" and "Minute" boxes to select a specific time
- The box on the left is to select the starting date/time; use the one on the right for an ending date/time
- Click the "Done" button when you have selected your range, and the graph will adjust accordingly
For option 3, the click-to-zoom feature: click anywhere on the graph
- Hold down the mouse button, and drag across the graph to zoom into that range
- This enables you to dig even deeper into your data for a specific range
- This works just like the pinch-to-zoom feature on your touchscreen iPhone and Android devices or one of Dickson's Touchscreen devices (TWE, TWP, TSB). Instead of your hands, you are simply using the mouse to interact with the screen.
- After viewing in the pinch-to-zoom mode, you can return to the prior range view by clicking the "Reset Zoom" button in the upper right corner of the graph