Charts are sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure the chart is not hung up or restricted.
- Make sure the center strip of the chart is inserted into the black center hub of the recorder, making sure the chart is not ripped or torn.
- Make sure there's not excessive tension from the pen or pen lifter, pinching the chart to the dial plate.
- Make sure there is a good battery being used and it's in correctly.
- Listen for the "ticking" sound coming from the clock, it should tick once every second for a 24-Hour unit and once every 7 seconds for a 7-Day unit
Is Pen Arm screw secure?
Is the Chart Recorder sitting on or mounted to a surface prone to vibration?
For Temperature units try removing the unit from the application and placing it in an isolated, low air flow environment like a zip lock freezer bag or desk drawer. If the pen traces straighten out, the traces may have actually been caused by the changes in your application.