This product has been replaced by the TH6P1
6" Data-Trend Basic Temperature & Humidity
Download Images: |
Charts are sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Unit Weight 9 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
This means the unit is detecting a temperature well below its range. Should the unit display UND otherwise, it may be a defective probe or extension cable.
- Is there a good battery in the Chart Recorder?
- Keep in mind that battery back up lasts just under 48 hours.
- If there was a momentary power outage (Brown out), the unit may not have had enough time to recognize this and switch to battery mode. (The Chart Recorder may lock up or shut off in this situation) This situation may also occur if the unit is plugged into an outlet that shares the circuit with other machinery that has phase motors or compressors that cycle periodically. As these other machines cycle, they momentarily have a high current draw, therefore drawing from the unit.
- Is the unit locked up? this can be confirmed by pressing any of the buttons on the keypad, if the unit is locked up there will be no response to button presses and the unit may appear to be working, but the readings won't change, also the chart will not rotate. Remove power and battery, and then re-power.
- Try removing extension cable, if one is being used. (TH603)
- Remove the battery and power adapter for a minute or two, this will rest the unit. The unit should respond when the adapter is plugged in.
- Remove the back panel and make sure the power cord is plugged into PC board.
The chart may be hung up or restricted, possibly caused by a rip on the outer edge of the chart or the chart may be caught between the arm and pen arm platform.
Incorrect chart installed for the selected chart speed.
Manually advance the chart one full rotation with the chart rotation button to ensure that the gears are not binding or slipping.
What is the tolerance of the unit it is being compared to?
It's ok if the unit is within the sum of the two tolerances
Remember that the unit's tolerance speaks to the Chart Recorder only, there is any additional that applies to the probe
Has an outside calibration house attempted calibration? It may not have been adjusted properly
When was the last time the unit was sent to the Dickson Calibration Lab for a recalibration?
Walk through zero adjustment, found in the manual
For units with Pen Adjustment - rotate screw to adjust the unit to match another unit of greater accuracy after both units have stablized in the same environment.
Chart Recorders - make sure the correct chart is being used.
K-Thermocouple capable units are capable of using any K-type thermocouple probe or extension but keep in mind that long extensions to extend the distance may require a Zero adjustment. (Refer to manual)
As a general rule: If the unit is not responding properly, and you have more than one thermocouple, swap probes to see if it is the probe or the unit that is defective.
Make sure the output signal of the transmitter is calibrated to its full measuring range.
Make sure the range selected on the recorder matches the transmitter exactly and that the proper chart is being used.
The cause of this could be because Hysteresis or wrong chart.
Hysteresis is a naturally occurring mechanical discrepancy up to 2% of range
Make sure the proper chart is installed and that dipswitches are set for that chart.
Dip switches set for a specific range, but using chart for another range, or vice versa.
Pen(s) not inserted on pen arm(s) all the way
Pen home not set properly. To check and adjust PEN HOME setting, press and hold the Chart Rotation and Alarm button, then press the On/Off button. Hold down all three buttons until the unit comes on, the light should be flashing amber. When the amber light becomes steady, press the Alarm button twice, the light should alternate between Red and Green and the pen will move toward the top of the chart. The pen should stop on the Maximum temperature line of whatever chart is being used. If the pen is not exactly on the max temp line, use the Alarm button to move the pen down and the Chart Rotation button to move the pen up. If you have a, you can toggle between the pens by pressing and holding the alarm button until the pens crisscross each other. Turn the unit off then back on to store the settings.
Gears jammed or slipping (You should hear the gears grinding)