This product has been replaced by the SM300
Self Contained Temperature Data Logger
Download Images: |
DicksonWare Software is needed to communicate with this product and is sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Data Logger may be "locked up", try removing the battery and then replacing after a few moments.
- Battery is dead, try replacing.
- Does the unit come on when attempting to communicate with the software? The keypad could be unplugged or defective.
- Is the Data Logger functioning otherwise? Make sure battery is good.
- Is the correct version of software being used?
Minimum requirements listed below: SM101, SM125, TM121 & TM125 -
DW99 126.96.36.199 or higher SM150 -------------------------------DW99 188.8.131.52 or higher
- Make sure the download cable is not physically defective.
- Is the correct COM port selected?
- Try another available COM port through the software.
- Has the communication speed (baud rate) been changed? It should be set on ADAPTIVE.
- Check Com port allocations in the PC's Device Manager, make sure the COM port you're trying to use is not "reserved" for something else.
- Try another logger. (if available)
- Try another available COM port connection on back of PC.
- If this is the first time attempting to communicate on this PC, or if new software or programs have been installed since the logger was last used, try installing the software on another PC.
(not a laptop)
- Has the unit just been removed from a cool environment? Condensation may have momentarily formed internally, wait for the unit to warm up, it should power up and give all data stored.
- Is it possible that the logger was programmed to fill up storage space quicker than originally thought?
- Is the logger set up to WRAP as opposed to STOP when full?
- Unit may be "locked up", try removing the battery and unplug the adapter, if applicable, then replace the battery after a few moments.
- The display only stays on momentarily unless you're using an AC adapter, or if the unit is put into continuous mode by pressing the ON and F/C buttons at the same time. The display will show
cont in the lower left hand corner of the display when in continuous mode.
- If using an AC adapter, it may be defective.
- Has the Data Logger just been removed from a cool environment? Condensation may have momentarily formed internally, wait for the unit to warm up, it should power up and give all data stored.
Is there a battery in the unit?
Is the battery good?
Is the battery in correctly?
If the power outage was only momentary, the unit may not have had enough time to recognize this and switch to battery mode (The unit may lock-up or shut off in this situation)