DicksonWare Software is needed to communicate with this product and is sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Unit Weight 1 lb
Why should I calibrate?
All instruments lose accuracy over time due to normal usage and the environmental conditions to which they are exposed.
How often should I calibrate?
For most applications, the recommended calibration interval is every twelve months.
What is NIST Calibration?
NIST stands for the National Institute for Standards and Technology. This organization is responsible for maintaining the master for different measurements, such as the standard "foot", standard, "second", or standard "pound". NIST also maintains the standard for temperature, humidity and pressure.
NIST Traceable means that the measuring standard can be traced directly back to the master standard maintained by the NIST organization.
NIST-Traceable does not tell you the measurement accuracy of a metrologty service in any detail. Only metrology services that can document their ISO 17025 standard provided data on their best measurement uncertainty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Data Logger functioning otherwise? Is the red L.E.D flashing once every 10 seconds? Make sure battery is good.
- Is the correct version of software being used?
Minimum requirement is DicksonWare 220.127.116.11 or higher
- Make sure the download cable is not physically defective.
- Is the correct COM port selected?
- Try another available COM port through the software.
- Has the communication speed (baud rate) been changed? It should be set on ADAPTIVE.
- Check Com port allocations in the PC's Device Manager, make sure the COM port you're trying to use is not "reserved" for something else.
- Try another data logger. (if available)
- Try another available COM port connection on back of PC.
- Remove the battery for a minute to reset the logger. (this will not cause the unit to lose any logged data, but you will have to clear the logger to restart the logging process)
- If this is the first time attempting to communicate on this PC, or if new software or programs have been installed since the data logger was last used, try installing the software on another PC.
(not a laptop)
- Has the Data Logger just been removed from a cool environment? Condensation may have momentarily formed internally, wait for the unit to warm up, it should power up and give all data stored.
A USB to Serial adapter can be used. If you do not have an available dedicated serial port to use for communications with the logger, you may use a 3rd party USB to Serial adapter which is readily available from any electronic or computer store.
Setup: These adapters have a serial communications port and a USB communications port. The USB cable will connect to your computer and your existing serial cable will connect to the logger and the USB adapter. These adapters will also have a software driver that will need to be installed before use. Once the adapter is connected and the software installed, your computer will have a new serial port available under logger and communications.
Off = The logger is not logging
Solid Red = The logger is locked up. Remove the battery for at least 10 seconds, then put the battery back in. This process should help the logger reset (no logged data will be lost). The LED should begin to blink or remain off. If the LED remains sold red, contact customer service to return the unit for technical evaluation.