Waterproof Temperature Data Logger
This product has been replaced by the HT350
Look at these features - food grade stainless steel, waterproof, piercing probe, can be placed in temperatures up to 257F (125C), small enough to fit in a jar or bottle. The HT225 has a sturdy 4.88" (122mm) piercing probe. If you are in the food business and concerned about HACCP you need these instruments.
- 4.88" (122mm) Piercing Probe
- HACCP and FDA Compliant
- Food Grade Stainless Steel
- Temperature resistant up to 257F (125C)
- User replaceable 1-year battery
- High speed USB download
DicksonWare Software is needed to communicate with this product and is sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Ambient Operating Temperature Conditions -40.0 to 257.0F (-40.0 to 125.0C)
- Approvals CE
- Battery Life (Avg) 1 Year (at 1 Minute Sample Rate, Ambient Temperature)
- Cable Details USB - Male Series A plug to 5 pin Male Series B mini plug.
- Cable Length 6.0ft
- Calibration Options N100, N300, N400, N520
- Channels CH1: Temperature
- Data Capacity 32,512
- Delayed Start Yes
- Dimensions 10.24in
- Download Time Approximately 1 Minute
- Download Type USB
- Enclosure 316 Food-Grade Stainless Steel
- IP Rating 68
- Included Accessories Tadiran Battery and Quick Start Guide. *Software is not included.
- Minimum Software Version Required 15.5
- PC Requirements Microsoft Windows� 98 or higher; 1 free USB root hub and CD drive
- Piercing Probe Diameter 0.11 in
- Piercing Probe Height 4.88 in
- Power Source High Energy Lithium Tadiran Battery (User Replaceable)
- Probe Diameter 0.75in
- Probe Handle Length 5.36in
- Response Time Less than 1 Minute to move 63% of Full Scale
- Sample Interval User Selectable (from 1 second to 24 hour intervals, in 1 second increments).
- Software Options A016, A026
- Temperature Accuracy +/-1.8F from -40.0 to 257.0F (+/-1.0C from -40.0 to 125.0C)
- Temperature Range -40.0 to 257.0F (-40.0 to 125.0C)
- Temperature Sensor Type Thermistor
- Unit Weight 1 lb
- Units/Pkg 1
- Warranty 12-Month Limited
Why should I calibrate?
All instruments lose accuracy over time due to normal usage and the environmental conditions to which they are exposed.
How often should I calibrate?
For most applications, the recommended calibration interval is every twelve months.
What is NIST Calibration?
NIST stands for the National Institute for Standards and Technology. This organization is responsible for maintaining the master for different measurements, such as the standard "foot", standard, "second", or standard "pound". NIST also maintains the standard for temperature, humidity and pressure.
NIST Traceable means that the measuring standard can be traced directly back to the master standard maintained by the NIST organization.
NIST-Traceable does not tell you the measurement accuracy of a metrologty service in any detail. Only metrology services that can document their ISO 17025 standard provided data on their best measurement uncertainty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this logger is perfect for both applications.
- Is the correct version of software being used?
Version 15.5 or higher is required. Please contact customer service if correct version of software is being used and unit still does not communicate.
- Make sure the battery is good.
- Make sure the USB cable is not physically defective. Try another cable.
- Make sure that "USB" is selected under File>Preferences>Communications.
- Try another available USB port.
- If this is the first time attempting to communicate on this PC, or if new software or programs have been installed since the data logger was last used, try installing the software on another PC.
- Make sure the logger gets to room temperature if it was just removed from a hot or cold environment.
- You will see a -414 reading if the battery was removed at any time, this marks the point at which logging was resumed once the battery was replaced.
Note: If the logger is dropped on a hard surface, it may temporarily lose the battery connection resulting in a -414 reading. This will not affect other logged data.