This product has been replaced by the HT300
Our HT100 has been completely redesigned and now goes by Model HT200. The new HT200 has the same functionality as the HT100 but has been upgraded with USB and a User Replaceable battery.
Click on the link to view and order the NEW HT200.
Download Images: |
DicksonWare Software is needed to communicate with this product and is sold separately.
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Delayed Start Yes
- Unit Weight 1 lb
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Data Logger functioning otherwise? Make sure battery is good.
- Is the correct version of software being used?
Minimum requirement is DicksonWare 126.96.36.199 or higher
- Make sure the download cable is not physically defective.
- Is the correct COM port selected?
- Try another available COM port through the software.
- Has the communication speed (baud rate) been changed? It should be set on ADAPTIVE.
- Check Com port allocations in the PC's Device Manager, make sure the COM port you're trying to use is not "reserved" for something else.
- Try another data logger. (if available)
- Try another available COM port connection on back of PC.
- If this is the first time attempting to communicate on this PC, or if new software or programs have been installed since the data logger was last used, try installing the software on another PC.
(not a laptop)
- Make sure the serial cable is pressed firmly into the unit, on newer units you will feel multiple clicks as you press it in
- Is it possible that the logger was programmed to fill up storage space quicker than originally thought? Check the sample interval.
- Is the logger set up to WRAP as opposed to STOP when full?
Yes, this logger is perfect for both applications.
What is the tolerance of the unit it is being compared to?
It's ok if the unit is within the sum of the two tolerances
Remember that the unit's tolerance speaks to the Chart Recorder only, there is any additional that applies to the probe
Has an outside calibration house attempted calibration? It may not have been adjusted properly
When was the last time the unit was sent to the Dickson Calibration Lab for a recalibration?
Walk through zero adjustment, found in the manual
For units with Pen Adjustment - rotate screw to adjust the unit to match another unit of greater accuracy after both units have stablized in the same environment.
Chart Recorders - make sure the correct chart is being used.
K-Thermocouple capable units are capable of using any K-type thermocouple probe or extension but keep in mind that long extensions to extend the distance may require a Zero adjustment. (Refer to manual)
As a general rule: If the unit is not responding properly, and you have more than one thermocouple, swap probes to see if it is the probe or the unit that is defective.
Make sure the output signal of the transmitter is calibrated to its full measuring range.
Make sure the range selected on the recorder matches the transmitter exactly and that the proper chart is being used.