6" Temperature Chart Recorder
- Your recorder has been preset to operate using the most popular settings.
Recording Time: 7 day
Temperature Range: 0 to +100°F
To change the range and recording time, please reference Dip Switch Set-Up in this manual.
- Remove the protective pen cap.
- Insert 9V battery and plug in AC adapter. (see figure 3) (Unit will power on)
- The instrument will move pen to the appropriate readings.
- Install the chart that matches the Dip Switch settings you have selected.
a. Press the PEN HOME key to move the pen to the outside of the chart. The pen is automatically raised off the chart.
b. Remove the old chart, place the new chart on the Chart Hub – being certain that the edge of the chart slides under the Chart Guide Clips located at the outside of the chart.
- Set the appropriate time. There are two ways to adjust the chart and set the appropriate time:
a. Set the chart time manually by inserting a coin into the groove in the chart hub and turning clockwise until the correct hour (and day if applicable) on the chart is referenced to the timing arrow (just to the right of the pen tip on the dial).
b. (This feature should be used for fine adjustments only) To adjust the chart time, press and hold ADJUST-UP and ADJUST-DOWN buttons located on the back of the unit next to the dip switch (see figure 3). The green LED will blink rapidly for about five seconds, then the LED will remain solid green While in this state ADJUST-UP button will move the chart backward (counter clockwise) and ADJUST-DOWN button will move the chart forward (clockwise). Rotate the chartuntil the correct hour (and day if applicable) on the chart is referenced to the timing arrow. Once you have set your chart, press the PEN HOME button to exit Chart Adjust Mode. The unit will take one minute to exit Chart Adjust Mode once PEN HOME is pressed.
- Press PEN HOME to move the pen back onto the chart.
- Place the KT6 recorder on a flat vibration-free surface. Be sure it is in a vertical position and level. For best performance and longevity, the location should be a clean environment, free from dust and corrosive fumes. Do not exceed temperature specifications.
Wall Mount: Keyhole slots are provided on the KT6 recorder for wall mounting.
The On/Off key turns the unit on and off.
If the pen is located on the outside edge of the chart, press the PEN HOME to move pen to recording position. If the pen is located on the chart, press the PEN HOME key to move the pen to the outside edge of the chart
- To set the alarm, make sure unit is on and press and hold the ALARM button. The LED will blink red rapidly for about five seconds, then the LED will turn solid green. Release the ALARM button and the LED will turn solid red. At this point the display will show the following: ON or OFF.
- Pressing either the ADJUST-UP or ADJUST-DOWN buttons, located on the back of the unit next to the dip switch, will toggle the alarm on or off.
- Pressing PEN HOME will scroll to the next alarm option. The options are as follows:
a. alarm on or off
b. pen 1 alarm min
c. pen 1 alarm max
- In order to set pen alarm minimums and maximums, pressing ADJUST-UP will increase the alarm value, and pressing ADJUST-DOWN will decrease the alarm value. There is acceleration if the ADJUST-UP button is held down. Repetitively pressing the PEN HOME button will scroll through the five options until the alarm button is pressed to exit from alarm adjust. Each press of the PEN HOME or ALARM button will store the new settings. The unit will take one minute to exit Alarm Set Mode once the ALARM button is pressed.
- If the alarm is triggered, the LED will show as solid red and the alarm will sound. Press the ALARM button to silence Audible Alarm.
The SPST 24V 500mA relay contacts are normally open and will close on alarm conditions when the alarms are enabled. Relay contacts are always functional when the alarm is enabled. The relay will close only during minimum and maximum alarm conditions.
To set-up the KT6 recorder for your specific application, you might need to change some of the Dip Switches. The Dip Switches are located on the
back of the unit (figure 3). Use a pen or small screw driver to flip the switches.
The KT6 recorder has two different recording time options
www.dicksondata.com or call 1-800-323-2448)
You can record in °F or °C with the KT6 by using dip switch #3.
You can record in °F or °C with the KT6 by using dip switch #3.
Your instrument was carefully tested and calibrated before being shipped from the factory. For greatest accuracy, we recommend replacing the sensor every 6-12 months (does not include N400 and N450). For re-calibration, call customer service at (630) 543-3747. If you wish to do calibration yourself, follow these procedures
- To activate calibration mode, turn the unit on and press and hold both the On/Off button and the Adjust-Down button (making sure to press the Adjust-Down button first so the unit will not turn off). The led will blink in amber rapidly for about five seconds, and turn solid green. Release the On/Off button and the Adjust-Down button, the led will then blink amber at which point only the pen being adjusted will show on the display.
- To raise the unit of measurement, press the Adjust-Up button. To lower the unit of measurement, press the Adjust-Down button. Pen home switches between the red and blue pens on a two pen unit and stores the current adjustment value.
- When calibration is complete, press the On/Off button. Calibration is stored in memory even after you turn the unit off. User calibration information will not be lost if AC power fails.
Note: After two hours, if no buttons are pressed, the unit will time out of user calibration and resume normal operation. The user calibration is stored separately from the factory calibration. If you wish to cancel out your user calibration, simply enter calibration mode and toggle through the steps without adjusting displayed readings. Exit by pressing the On/Off button. You have now restored factory calibration.
It is recommended that you use a controlled chamber when calibrating temperature and humidity. Calibrating in an open room is not recommended as humidity can vary greatly within a very small area.
N100 - NIST Traceable Calibration 1-Point: Includes documentation to one Dickson pre-selected point on new units only.
N300 - NIST Traceable Calibration 3-Point: Includes documentation of three Dickson pre-selected points (a high, medium, and low) on new units only.
N400 - Deluxe A2LA Accredited NIST Traceable Calibration 3-Point: ISO Guide 25/A2LA Documentation of 3 pre-selected points of as found data before and after calibration for Dickson temperature and/or humidity instrumentation on new units only.
N995 - NIST User Selected Temperature Points: Documentation of one customer specified point. Should be selected in addition to one of the above calibration options.
Once you begin to use your precision Dickson instrumentation, regular calibrations are necessary to ensure accurate readings.
Over time dirt, dust and normal handling can throw your precision instrumentation out of calibration. Regular calibrations ensure that you receive the most accurate readings possible.
Depending on the environment your instrument is used in and how often it is handled you will want to re-calibrate your instrument every 6 to 12 months. Instruments in environments where there are extreme temperatures, wide temperature ranges, humidity or pressure variations, high condensation, dirt, dust and other debris will require calibration at least every 6 months. Instruments that are frequently moved or in locations with heavy machinery that cause vibrations should also be calibrated at least every 6 months.
Dickson calibrates your instrument at the factory using proprietary production/calibration software that guarantees proper calibration.
Dickson is the first manufacturer of humidity and temperature instrumentation to receive A2LA accreditation. We are also NIST Traceable; our procedures conform to MIS-STD-45662A, ANSI/NCSL 2540-1-1994, ISO/IEC Guide 25 and ISO10012. We are experts in the manufacture and calibration of humidity and temperature instruments.
Fast Service: Our turnaround time is 3 days or less so you receive not only expert service but fast service as well.
Easy: We make it easy for you! No phone calls for Return Authorization Numbers are required. We remind you when your instrument is due for calibration. You simply send in the completed Calibration Order Form with your unit for calibration with freight prepaid to Dickson.
For troubleshooting information visit www.dicksondata.com/support
Dickson warrants that the products it sells will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of twelve months after delivery. In the event of a claim under this warranty, the product or part must be returned to the factory for repair or replacement (shipping pre-paid) with a Return Authorization Number (see Return Information above). It will be repaired at Dickson’s option without charge. This warranty DOES NOT cover routine calibration, pen, chart and battery replacement. The foregoing warranty and remedy are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties either expressed or implied. Dickson shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages resulting from failure or malfunction of its products. Dickson makes no warranty for products not manufactured by it or for any products modified by buyer, or subject to misuse or neglect.
Contact the factory (630-543-3747) for a Return Authorization (RA) Number before returning any instrument. The model number, serial number and a purchase order number will be requested before an RA number is issued.
- Carefully repack the instrument, label the outside of the box with the RA# and return the instrument (freight pre-paid) to Dickson.
- All instruments that do not have the RA# clearly marked on the outside of the box will be refused.
- When returning instruments for credit, please include all accessories in shipment. Calibration/Freight charges are non-refundable.
Dickson takes pride in providing you, the customer, with the highest quality instrumentation. We welcome the opportunity to help you in any way possible. Whether it be a question or a new idea in documentation,
the Dickson Company would like to hear your response. Please call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-323-2448 or (630) 543-3747 (in Illinois).
IMPORTANT-Read your Software License Agreement carefully before installing software. DIckson will accept returns for replacement of defective disks and CDs only.
Pen adjust may be needed if the pen(s) and display do not match.
While the unit is on, press and hold both the Pen Home button and the On/Off button (making sure to press the Pen Home button first so the unit will not turn off). The led will blink rapidly between amber and green for about five seconds. The LED will then turn green. Release the Pen Home and On/Off buttons. The LED will flash amber and green for one second and the LED will turn off.
The red pen will move to the outer edge of the chart and is ready to be adjusted. Use the Adjust-Up and Adjust-Down buttons to move the pen to the maximum temperature line on the chart. Once the pen is set, the Pen Home button will move the pen to reaffirm the new pen position. Press the On/Off button to exit Pen Home Adjust.
Both pens will move to the outer edge of the chart, and then the shorter red pen will move to the current position. Use the Adjust-Up and Adjust-Down buttons to move the pen to the maximum temperature line on the chart. Once the shorter red pen is set, the Pen Home button will move the shorter red pen to the outer edge ofthe chart and the longer blue pen will move to its current position. The Adjust-Up and Adjust-Down buttons will adjust the longer blue pen position.Once the pen is set, the Pen Home button will move the longer blue pen to the outer edge of the chart and
the shorter red pen will move to its new position.Each time pen home is pressed the two pens will switch positions(moving the most recently adjusted position) until the On/Off button is pressed to exit pen adjust mode.
Note: Pressing the On/Off button will exit the adjustment and return the unit to normal operation. Each time the Pen Home or On/Off button is pressed, the adjustment currently in progress will be stored. The unit will take one minute to exit Pen Adjust Mode once the On/Off button is pressed.