This product has been replaced by the FT640
This may be the coolest instrument we have ever developed! It has a touchscreen digital display with full-graphing capabilities which means your complete temperature history is at your fingertips - with scrolling and zoom. The FT540 is equipped with one thermistor probe immersed in a glycol bottle for stable readings. With high functionality, this unit is designed to work without software. Software is only needed if you want to download the data to a PC.
- One thermistor probe with attached glycol bottle
- 4.1" x 5.5" (104mm x 140mm) Touchscreen Display
- Audio/Visual Alarms
- Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Flash Card Data Download ready
DicksonWare Software is needed if you choose to download data from this product to your PC.
Support InformationDickson FT540 Product Manual
Dickson Expert Services
Our Dickson Data Division has specially trained representatives to address the needs of customers with large installations or unique demands. Please call 888-452-4626.
- Ambient Operating RH Conditions 0 to 95% RH non-condensing (Logger Only)
- Ambient Operating Temperature Conditions 0 to 122F (-18 to 50C)
- Battery Backup 4 Hrs (Re-chargeable batteries included; Hardwired)
- Cable Details USB - Male Series A plug to 5 pin Male Series B mini plug.
- Calibration Options N100 , N300, N400, & N520
- Channels CH1: Temperature; CH1: Temperature (F/C)
- Data Capacity 32,000
- Dimensions 1.5 x 7.3 x 6.1in
- Display Dimensions Height 5.5
- Display Dimensions Width 4.1
- Display Type Touchscreen
- Display Update Rate Varies with logging interval
- Displays Min/Max Yes
- Download Type USB / Flash Card
- Flash Card Option SD Card (2GB or less)
- IP Rating 21
- Key Features Touchscreen, multiple screen views, on-screen zoom and scroll, software optional, user customizable sample rate, temperature scales and unit of measure
- Minimum Software Version Required 17.2.0
- Mounting Options Keyhole
- Power Cord 6 ft
- Power Source 120 to 240 VAC, 12 VDC (INTL adapters available)
- Remote Sensor Length 10 ft
- Required Software A016, A026, N525 (all optional)
- Response Time 1 Minute to 63% of Full Scale
- Sample Interval User Selectable
- Temperature Accuracy +/-1.8F from -22 to 122F 3.8F Remaining (+/-1C from -30 to 50C 2.1C Remaining)
- Temperature Range -58 to 158F (-50 to 70C)
- Temperature Sensor Type Thermistor hard wired to PBC, submersible tip sealed in leak-proof glycol bottle
- Unit Weight 9 lbs
- User Calibration with SW400 Yes
- Warranty 12-Month Limited
Why should I calibrate?
All instruments lose accuracy over time due to normal usage and the environmental conditions to which they are exposed.
How often should I calibrate?
For most applications, the recommended calibration interval is every twelve months.
What is NIST Calibration
NIST stands for the National Institute for Standards and Technology. This organization is responsible for maintaining the master for different measurements, such as the standard "foot", standard, "second", or standard "pound". NIST also maintains the standard for temperature, humidity and pressure.
NIST Traceable means that the measuring standard can be traced directly back to the master standard maintained by the NIST organization.
NIST-Traceable does not tell you the measurement accuracy of a metrologty service in any detail. Only metrology services that can document their ISO 17025 standard provided data on their best measurement uncertainty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Problems communicating with the Flash Card?
Flash cards not purchased through Dickson should be formatted. If formatted after experiencing issues the unit will have to come back to be reset.
1. Insert flash card into card reader
2. Go to My Computer and right click on the drive letter that corresponds with the card
3. A menu will appear. Choose the format option
4. Another window will appear
5. Under the "File System" heading, drop down the menu and choose the "FAT32" option
6. Then click on the start at the bottom of the window
This will format the card in the correct manner for use with the unit.